Day 1-2: Nairobi - Eden/Hemingways
- Arrive in Nairobi and transfer to Hemingways Eden.
- Rest and recover from your journey.
- Explore local attractions in Nairobi, such as the Giraffe Centre or David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
- Enjoy the chic comforts of this charming boutique residence and art gallery nestled in the leafy suburb of Karen.
Day 3-4: Amboseli - Angama Amboseli
- Depart for Amboseli National Park- a UNESCO World Heritage site, and one of East Africa’s favourite safari destinations.
- Check-in: The new Angama Amboseli and enjoy the stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Embark on game drives to Amboseli Natonal Park– with Amboseli's iconic dry lake bed and dusty salt pans contrasted by the bountiful wetlands, you will see hippos, flamingos, large herds of elephants & more.
- Spot some of Kenya’s last remaining Big Tuskers - you may find some with tusks so large they drag along the ground as they walk — these are the last descendants of Africa’s iconic Super Tusker elephants
- Learn what it takes to conserve these magnificent beings and how Angama Amboseli works closely with Big Life Foundation to insure safe migratory routes & co-existence between wildlife & communities in the area.
- Take a guided nature walk in the Kimana Sanctuary, enjoy a leisurely afternoon by the pool that overlooks Kilimajaro or visit the photography studio - The hardest decision you will make here is how to spend your day!
Day 5-6: Maasai Mara - Angama Safari Camp
- Head to Maasai Mara, one of Africa's premier safari destinations.
- Transfer to Angama Safari Camp - a sole-use tented camp accommodating up to eight guests in four lovely en-suite tents sited deep in the Maasai Mara. This unique camp captures the romance and adventure of the glorious Golden Age of safaris, yet with a lightness of spirit that will both surprise and delight guests. Here, you can enjoy the comforts of 21st century camping, but with the thrill of having nothing but canvas between you, the Mara and year-round abundant wildlife right on your doorstep.
- Embark on game drives, bush breakfasts, sundowners & hot air balloon safaris in the private conservancy.
Day 7-8: Maasai Mara - Angama Mara
- Check-in at Angama Mara and enjoy the awe-inspiring panoramic views of the Mara Triangle– the views at Angama Mara stretch for miles. Perched upon the Oloololo Escarpment 1,000ft above the plains of the Mara below, the name of the lodge was inspired by the Swahili word for ‘suspended in mid-air’ and no matter where in the lodge you are, you are guaranteed the best seat in the house.
- Explore the Maasai Mara – a game drive into the Mara Triangle is at the heart of your safari holiday. Shortly after leaving the camp, you’re in vast grasslands dotted with acacias, surrounded by more animals than you can imagine: from Africa’s Big Five — lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo — to the massive herds of the Great Migration.
- If visiting during the migration season of July - September, witness the Great Wildebeest Migration.
- Take advantage of the lodges amazing activities and beautiful facilities – Game drives & walking safaris. Photography lessons. Lunch in The Shamba- Angama’ s organic vegetable garden. Sundowner’s in the Boma. A hike to the original filming location of “Out of Africa” and take in the panoramic views of the Mara Triangle. Hot Air Balloon Safari adventures and more!
Day 9: Departure
- Depending on your departure time, you may have the morning for a final game drive or leisure activities.
- Check-out from Angama Mara and transfer to the airstrip for your departure to Nairobi and International flights home.
- End of the Journey
This itinerary is flexible and can be adjusted based on your preferences and the availability of accommodations.
Photo Credit Lori Souder